Amazon

Monday 5 January 2015

May we have a little talk? dating scam

"May we have a little talk?" -  another dating scam just started a spam run... pretty much the same forum types links as reported on the blog earlier.

Message Headers:
From: "Rosetta" {mohammedbestmileug@telefonica.net}
Subject: May we have a little talk?
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 13:30:44 +0200

Example Message Body, with slight variations on the Name...
Dear Sir!

You have got 50 invitations to have possible Chat tonight.
Please, check Fanny's message here:

[ Open in browser ]

Best wishes,
personal manager
Rosetta
The above message links to various websites that run a forum... and point to a direct post:
http://www.theoddfellowslounge.com/forums/showthread.php?7408-I-live-in-Moscow&p=37994

An example forum post:
Hi everyone!
My name is Elena,
I live in Moscow (Russia) and have a dream like many other girls – I want to find my love and live a wonderful life together!
This is not the only my interest, but for now it has become a priority.

Interestingly, when I looked a one forum post... it showed people are looking at the scams,
let's hope they aren't actually falling for them:

988 people clicked on one link, in one version of email in the space of 3 hours

Cheers,

Steve
Sanesecurity.com

No comments: