Amazon

Wednesday 18 February 2015

gbearn.com New offer is a fake job / money laundering scam

gbearn.com New offer is a fake job / money laundering scam:

Message Headers:
Subject: New offer
Subject: Staff Wanted
Subject: Advice

Message Body:
Good day!
We considered your resume to be very attractive and we thought the vacant position in our company could be interesting for you.

Our firm specializes in advertisment services realizing unique products of creative advertising and branding strategies
and solutions to develop a distinctive brand value.

We cooperate with different countries and currently we have many clients in the USA and the EU.
Due to this fact, we need to increase the number of our destination representatives' regular staff.
In their duties will be included the document and payment control of our clients.

Part-time employment is currently important.
We offer a wage from 3500 GBP per month.

If you are interested in our offer, mail to us your answer on niki@gbearn.com and
we will send you an extensive information as soon as possible.
Respectively submitted

Personnel department
Whois information for the domain:
Domain name: gbearn.com
Registry Domain ID: 1903028005_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.bizcn.com
Registrar URL: http://www.bizcn.com
Updated Date: 2015-02-15T11:24:20Z
Creation Date: 2015-02-15T11:24:22Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-02-15T11:24:22Z
Registrar: Bizcn.com,Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 471
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@bizcn.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +86.5922577888
Reseller: Cnobin Technology HK Limited
Registry Registrant ID: 
Registrant Name: Melissa Sanchez
Registrant Organization: Melissa T. Sanchez
Registrant Street: 3305 Primrose Lane
Registrant City: Madison
Registrant State/Province: WI
Registrant Postal Code: 53703
Registrant Country: us
Registrant Phone: +1.6085550002
Registrant Phone Ext: 
Registrant Fax: +1.6085550002
Registrant Fax Ext: 
Registrant Email: info@gbearn.com
Registry Admin ID:
Cheers,
Steve
Sanesecurity.com

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got this today and they had cloned my email address so it was as if it came to me from me!

Anonymous said...

I also got the same email today, but looking at the headers it looks like the email came from me....
How do they do it?
What do I need to do to protect myself?

Anonymous said...

I got this today and exactly the same as the previous comments - it appeared to have come from me!

Anonymous said...

Also got this today. A bit worrying, as others mentioned the email appeared to have been sent to me using my email address.

Anonymous said...

Same has happened to me, I got all 3 versions of the spam emails from my own email address

Anonymous said...

I got it today what do I need to do to protect my account? ��

Anonymous said...

I also got same mail today. How they can keep my email id as a sender to to me. Any precautions required to be taken ?

Anonymous said...

I got the same email today am worried they can use my email address to send stuff out in my name!

Anonymous said...

To all the above questions: there's nothing you can or need to do.

They already have your email address on a list, since they sent you the email. Any response whatsoever will confirm the email address is genuine, never mind if you get caught up in whatever scam they're pushing.

Possession of your email address doesn't mean they have compromised any accounts. I'm a sysadmin for a small company. We're receiving hundreds of these - to all the rubbish, invalid, mis-spelled addresses that always receive spam, as well as plenty of genuine addresses.

Just delete the email. If you use an email quarantine service, pass it on to them. Given the similarity of all the emails, any quarantine service worth it's salt should be easily able to spot these and filter them out.

Anonymous said...

I also got one. Dont worry this is snooping. They can send email as ur email.